Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Here we go...

I've always wanted to start a blog. I've followed blogs of people that I know, and even ones of people that I don't know for a long time. I feel like every blog has a purpose. I remember watching the movie Julie and Julia and realizing that I definitely wanted to be a blogger. Now that my roommate has a new Julie & Julia movie poster hanging on her side of the room, I'm constantly reminded of my love for blogs, so here we go. Although I'm not completely sure what the purpose of this blog will be, I'm sure I'll figure that out eventually.

Currently, I'm at UNCG and loving it. I love being here, and I love the feeling that I'm right where I need to be, doing what I need to be doing. I'm majoring in Special Education. There's not a doubt in my mind that I've been called to be a teacher to some of God's most precious children. Having that certainty blesses me and gives me peace every single day. I am constantly hearing of people who have no idea what they want to do in their life. Being labeled as 'undecided' is a struggle that I hear about even with some of my closest friends, and I've been so blessed know without a doubt exactly my purpose in life.

I've been blessed with the gift of patience. I'm patient with others (especially those considered disabled), but I'm not always so patient with myself and with the plan that God has set out for me. Being in school is a long process, and even though freshman year has already almost completely flown by, I'm still so impatient as to where I see myself in 5 years. I'm restless. In 5 years, I plan on being graduated, married, working, traveling; all of these things. I realize that going to school and studying all of the time is all a part of the plan right here and now, but that's no fun compared to what's to come.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11

I begin to feel restless and impatient and then I'm quickly reminded of this verse. God has plans for me right now. Right now, at 18 years old, living in Greensboro, going to school, God has a plan. Although I sometimes wish to fast forward right to graduation, I remember that I've got a lot of growing up and changing to do before I'm ready to be at that point. The verse doesn't say that God has plans for your future 5 years from now only. He has plans for my life today. Yesterday, today was the future. He has plans for me to prosper. He has plans not to harm me, to give me a hope and a future. But to get to that future, I have to do my best to do everything for His glory right now. I remember all of these things, and I'm suddenly content with where He has me. I'm thankful for that. My plan doesn't even matter when I think of all of the things He already has planned, even just for today.

"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with JOY." -Psalm 126:3

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy college! It's way more fun than being a real grown-up. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing you and loving you lots!

    ReplyDelete