Monday, October 31, 2011

Africa.



Africa is really hard to talk about.

Africa turned my world completely upside-down.

Africa taught me about the Lord and His authority.

Africa showed me how small I really am.

Africa opened my eyes to a bigger, hurting world.

Africa stirred in me a need for relationship and a need to invest more time in the ones that I value.

Africa, and the things that I saw there, haunt me at the most random times.

Africa broke my heart.

Africa helped me to heal.

Africa let me see people experience joy even in the most painful times.

Africa is home to so many broken people. But they're not anymore broken than the any other human beings, including Americans.

Africa beautifully taught me the story of grace.

Africa has my heart and always will. It changed me and shaped me in ways that I didn't know were possible. I still struggle to talk about my experience there and some moments, like this one, I want nothing more than to jump on a plane and fly across the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment