Friday, December 9, 2011

I will never harm you.

The end of the semester always makes me really reflective, especially fall semesters right before the holidays. I think back to this specific time six months ago, and I'm absolutely amazed at how much has changed.

God's faithfulness through it all has humbled me and challenged me. All for His glory. I'm reminded of my constant need for Him. I'm broken and I'm messy. When painful times and changes make me weak, He is still constantly pursuing my heart, renewing my strength.

He's shown me beauty in brokenness and healing in places that I never thought possible. He's given (abundantly) and He's taken away. The Lord has shown me the power of relationships and the true gifts that they are. He loves us so well through others, it seems.

He's shown me how truly blessed I am, and through that knowledge He's humbled me and protected me from feeling guilty. He's introduced me to people on the other side of the world that have tremendously impacted my life. He's broken my heart and He's broken me down. All for His glory.

Jesus has grown me, molded me, and held my heart through it all. Growing up is painful. People aren't constant. Change is inevitable. And heartache is all a part of the process.

The last six months have been so wonderful, so hard, so heartbreaking, so challenging, so joyful, so honest, so refreshing. It's so beautiful to look back at this season of life and see where I've been. He's always working and always challenging me.

Sometimes I questioned if He really knows what He's doing. Times get hard, I become self-reliant, forgetting that He's in control, and then He always gently reminds me to trust Him. His promises are so faithful. When He mentions "plans to prosper you and not to harm you," He's so serious. He will never, ever harm me. He'll challenge me more than any human can, but He'll never give me anything that I can't handle.




Song For You
by Jenny & Tyler

"my voice you didn’t know, didn’t know
i called you had to go, had to go
back to your little world
where nothing is strange

you set out on your own, on your own
you said, i’m heading home, heading home
back to the life you know
neatly arranged

I have done for you
everything my love
hear my song for you
I will not hold my tongue

it’s late, your getting cold, getting cold
you try to keep warm, but you’re alone, you’re alone
the dark streets are empty now | and the wind starts to blow

I have done for you
everything my love
hear My song for you
I will not hold my tongue
open your heart, open your heart
for I have loved you from the start
I will never harm you, come my love
So come
So come

I have done for you
everything my love
hear My song for you
I will not hold my tongue
open your heart, open your heart
for I have loved you
open your heart, open your heart
for I have loved you from the start"

2 comments:

  1. nice post! thanks for sharing... blessings...soraya

    ReplyDelete