Friday, April 6, 2012

This year is a little different...

Last year around this time of year, I wrote a blog about Easter. You can find that here: http://jennacanfly.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter.html

This year, things are slightly different.

In years past, it's been awesome to sit and revel in the love of my Savior. I've always been so overwhelmed with His sacrifice that I'm excited to celebrate His resurrection. I've always taken pride in my ability to be "perfect"... all through high school I was viewed completely one-sided; heaven forbid I ever have a bad day. My need for a Savior wasn't much of a need- I was a good girl after all and didn't completely need Him to save me, right? He only came to save the "bad" people.

After many strange, frustrating, insightful and humbling experiences in my life over the past 4 months, I'm learning that perfect is something that I am not. I know it sounds silly; trust me, there are days when I still can't believe that I hid behind that lie for so long.

This year, I'm reveling in the deep, deep Grace of my Father. His Love is incredible, don't get me wrong. But His grace is something that I absolutely cannot comprehend. I'm humbled by the fact that without His sacrifice, I would be completely separated from Him by my sin forever.

"For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out." -Romans 7:18

So this year, I reflect on the fact that His sacrifice completely saved me from the pit and is totally and completely undeserved. It's so humbling to think that the Creator of the world would send His Son to die. He would suffer for me in order to cover my sin.

"I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you." -Psalm 16:2

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenna,

    I stumbled upon this blog. I see that it was written in 2012, so I'm not sure if you'll even see this. But, I am responding in faith, because I came here based off of a paper I just wrote and turned in (on turnitin.com) and it mentioned your blog bc I had quoted the same verse. Funny how that works. Anyway, I just wanted to say that this is an amazing insight that I too needed right now. I hope it's manifested into even more glory in your life with Him in 2017. I do not believe in coincidence.

    Cheers & God bless,
    -Deej

    ReplyDelete